To join, please print the Membership Form, attach your check made payable to Ventura County Handweavers and Spinners Guild and bring with you to the next Guild meeting or mail to the Membership Chair at the address listed on the form.
Benefits of Membership -
- Access to Members Only website pages;
- Subscription to ‘Loose Ends’, our monthly email newsletter;
- Access to our extensive lending library of books, magazines and DVDs;
- Discounts on Guild-sponsored workshops and classes;
- Ability to rent Guild equipment;
- Discounted rates to sell your handmade items or craft supplies at our annual open house and sale;
- Individual mentorship with experienced member of your chosen craft;
- Fellowship with other fiber enthusiasts;
- And more!
Become a Member -Membership is open to all persons and associations interested in advancing, fostering, and promoting the art of handweaving, spinning and related fiber arts.
- Annual dues are $45 per individual and $60 per family - payable in October for the following calendar year.
- For NEW MEMBERS ONLY joining after June 1, dues are reduced to $22.50 per individual and $30 per family.
- The monthly newsletter is sent to members via email. Additional charge of $15.00 for postage if requested by US Mail.
The Guild has an extensive collection of fiber-related books, monographs, magazines, periodicals and DVDs available for loan to Guild members. New acquisitions are made regularly to enhance our collection. (No loan fee is required for Library materials).
Also available to members are numerous notebooks with woven samples and drafts, covering a wide variety of weaving techniques, donated by Guild members or compiled from workshops led by well known fiber artists.
Guild property is available only to Guild members for loan on a month-to-month basis, renewable if there is no waiting list. By accepting this loan, you agree to care for the equipment properly and to return it in good condition. A loan fee of $20 plus tax per month (total $21.45) payable in advance is required.
Guild property includes various looms and spinning wheels, as well as fiber preparation equipment. Additional items are also available.